Just for fun. Tell me about your favorite horse you have ever had or your "dream horse".
My favorite horse ever is my horse, Whiskey. You can read about ihim in my blog, Horses in My Life.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a very long story I could write for this one but I will keep it short for now and write a long one later. One of my best friends was my little gelding KA Clint. To say we grew up together is an understatement. I was beginning my horsemanship journey when we came to belong to each other. I had put an ad in THE ARABIAN HORSE NEWS to find an apprenticeship job to learn to ride and train horses. I began a job at a show barn in west central Illinois and a few months later I found my beautiful boy at a registered Arabian sale at an auction barn in Missouri. He was eight months old and I was twenty. They had done a full body clip on him and had tied up a foot to get the job done I guess. He was not very trustful of people as he stood on his three good legs and held the skinned up puffy ankle well off the ground. ( the hair on that pastern never did grow normal for the rest of his life). There was a dance and a barbecue that night and I remember having a lot of fun and going back to his stall every other dance to check and see if he was really there and he was really mine. He was scared and I had not planned very well as we had to leave him overnight and come back in the morning with the trailer. He was smart and was already beginning to trust me though and so he hopped into the trailer and never looked back and neither did I. I'll write more in a few days.

For 27 years this horse and I grew up together. He taught me more than I ever taught him. He was honest, hard working and would try his heart out for you. We did halter till he was old enough to ride, we did western pleasure (he never did learn to go slow), we jumped, we did a saddle and paddle relay race, we did competitive and endurance riding, we taught children and adults to ride, we began Parelli Natural Horsemanship. Okay as I am already starting to cry I need to stop here. The keys are getting blurry now. He was the love of my life.
I'd have to say my horse Montana Blue, I'll never forget the first time i saw him about 2 years ago, he would of been 3 years old...It was like a dream come true, I knew right then that he was my dream horse...Of course my mom owned him since he was 3 months old, but I haven't seen him in such a long time that I was surpised I even remembered him...When he was 2 years old he was kept at my mom's boyfriend's place where they didn't pay attention to the horses, and montana didnt trust humans after he was brought to my grandma's..So i worked with him hard on that and after a couple of months of that he fianlly started trusting humans again...I broke him myself, which i got to say I'm very proud of...bcuz Montana has never disobeyed anything I asked him to do...So I must of done something right with him...Today he is 5 years old and now belongs to me, my mom gave him to me bcuz I'm really the only one he trusts stilll...and that we have a special bond..But it's quite common for mustangs to form bonds with people..But he is my favorite horse ever...

RSS

Latest Activity

Peggy Hogan commented on Peggy Hogan's status
"Good to hear it :-) Things are busy for both of us!!!"
Jul 2, 2013
Peggy Hogan posted a status
"Been awhile, sorry to have drifted away. Hope you're all well and enjoying the summer. :-)"
Jun 26, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) shared their photo on Facebook
Apr 7, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) shared their photo on Facebook
Apr 7, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) posted a photo

My good boy KA...,

My best boy KA who was my first soulmate and filled my life with joy for 27 years. Sweet dream beautiful boy.
Apr 7, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) posted a status
"Grass starting to green up..., happy horses playing in the sunshine.. a good day at the farm ! :)"
Apr 7, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) left a comment for pony gal
"Hey Sissy, Can you come down and play ponies with us? Me and the boys are missing you!"
Apr 6, 2013
"Spent all day in the barn, brushing, clipping combing out manes and tieing up tails etc. Had a fun but "hairy" day. LOL"
Apr 6, 2013
stella kumba is now a member of Horse N Pony Friends
Mar 29, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) shared a profile on Facebook
Feb 21, 2013
"A cold windynight with plenty of snow. Glad all mine are tucked in with plenty of hay to munch on till morning. Dreaming of spring..., :)"
Feb 21, 2013
pony gal left a comment for Carolyn
"Welcome Carolyn! Feel free to setup your page and add your photos/videos. Thank you for joining us! Any questions, just send a message. We are here to help. :) Deb aka Ponygal"
Feb 17, 2013
Carolyn is now a member of Horse N Pony Friends
Feb 17, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) left a comment for Jessie
"Hi Jessie, Just stopping by to say hello. Hope you and all your little guys are doing okay in all this winter weather. We are getting more rain and wind here. The little boys are muddy but happy!"
Feb 11, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) shared pony gal's photo on Facebook
Feb 11, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) left a comment for pony gal
"Hey there Ponygal remember me?"
Feb 11, 2013
"Windy and cold here but on my way back to the house I saw the first green tips of spring crocus coming up. Come on Spring!"
Feb 11, 2013
Becky (ridendurance) posted photos
Feb 11, 2013
Becky (ridendurance)'s 4 photos were featured
Feb 11, 2013
Volker Reumschüssel is now a member of Horse N Pony Friends
Nov 9, 2012

Online Discount Deals

© 2017   Created by pony gal.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Warning: require_once(xn-app://widgetlaboratory/apps/windex.php): failed to open stream: "XN_AppFilesystemStream::stream_open" call failed in /apps/horsenponyfriends/index.php on line 5 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'xn-app://widgetlaboratory/apps/windex.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes/XN:/php/includes/PEAR:/php/includes/other') in /apps/horsenponyfriends/index.php on line 5